Molybdenum benefits are not so well known. Who can even pronounce it? OK – if you can, how about 5 times quickly?
But molybdenum in the body in adequate amounts is a good goal for everyone.
Some molybdenum information:
• Trace mineral
• detoxifies substances, especially alcohol, sulfites and copper Encyl Nat Healing
• important in production of uric acid Encyl Nat Healing
• deficiency linked to throat cancer and tooth decay Encyl Nat Healing
• helps metabolize fats and carbs
• Adults 45 mcg/day
• Teens 43 mcg/day
• Children 1-4 years 17 mcg/day; 4+ years 22 mcg/day
Dosage by Molybdenum Supplements
• Adults 50 mcg/day
• Teens 45 mcg/day
• Children as Amino Acid Chelate: 1-4 years 12.5 mcg; 4+ years 25 mcg/day
You will find lots more information, including full citations and summaries of studies from medical journals in my book It’s About Health. But you can also continue to surf the 200 free pages of this website for lots of valuable, evidence-based information.
It’s About Health
Continue to Facts About Selenium
Return to List of Minerals
Return from Molybdenum Benefits to Home Page Secrets About Vitamins